Christmas over the last couple of year’s I’ve struggle with idea’s on presents for my son Jacob who is 3 and was diagnosed with Autism. Jacob in the previous years has struggled with opening presents and getting overwhelmed so we learnt to open only one or have it already open when he came down. Also age guidance, take no notice of it. Our children learn in their own ways. I will be doing a post on how to support our toddler’s and children through Christmas soon.
This year I have learnt so much and have gone for the toy’s that I know will help Jacob’s development and still gain so much stimulation, Educational, fun and sensory input.
Some of the Educational, sensory Toy’s we’ve purchase:
- Grey star tent – great for a quite sensory den for our children. I’m currently making Jacob his own little den for sensory and time out for the busy household.
2. Grey star play tunnel – perfect for sensory, stability, security and body awareness.
3. Bubble tube – A Bubble Tube is a must for any sensory room or environment. This has the added advantage of being remote controlled so you can choose the colours or have it on patterns.
4. Peanut ball – great for physical exercise, games, tactile stimulation can be rolled on or have it rolled over them. Jacob loves this!!!
5. 12 pack bean bag package – Great for sensory skills but also throwing and catching. This is great for their sensory diet too.
7.Bilibo-Spinning activities are important tools in Sensory Integration therapy. Spinning stimulates the vestibular system. Children who are hyposensitive (those who actively seek sensory input and stimulation) often crave intense movement. These spinning products provide a safe outlet for such cravings.
8. Aku Textured Ring -It is designed with textured bumps, which transmit a pleasant sensory impulse. The peculiarity of this tool makes it suitable for various applications.
Flexible and textured, it is used in several playful and educational activities. It is also used in the swimming pools for apnoea and recovery exercises.
In the Sensory field is a valuable tool for hand and foot massage.
9.Melissa & Doug Latches Wooden Activity Board -Helps build fine and gross motor skills while little ones discover vibrant colours, numbers, animals and more
10.Melissa & Doug Mix ‘n Match Wooden Bear Family Dress-Up Puzzle With Storage Case – great for teaching our children how to dress and it what order dressing goes
Hope this help’s you lovely bunch! I will post part 2 soon. Remember all of these toys wont be great for all for our children so see the one’s you know your child will get use out of or that you can play with your child. What toy’s are high on your list this year?